On June 4th itemis is hosting a conference on Open Collaborations for Automotive Software (in German) in Esslingen near Stuttgart. There are a lot of interesting talks and – while not immediately obvious – all of them do have some relation to Eclipse.
- Open Source OSEK: Erika Enterprise is the first certified Open Source OSEK. And it uses Eclipse based tooling for the configuration / development of OSEK based software
- COMASSO is a community based AUTOSAR BSW implementation. It comes with BSWDT, an Eclipse-based AUTOSAR configuration tool that leverages technologies like EMF and Xpand
- SAFE RTP Open Source Platform for Safety-Modeling and -Analysis: This tooling is completely based on Eclipse and features the EAST-ADL implementation EATOP, that is published within the Eclipse Automotive Industry Working Group
- openMDM: Open Measured Data Management: Again, a community based tooling for the management of measured data, based on Eclipse.
- Strategic Relevance of Open Source at ETAS GmbH: ETAS GmbH builds a lot of automotive tools on Eclipse and they will talk about the business relevance of open source / Eclipse.
- Advanced Technology for SW Sharing – Steps towards an open source platform for automotive SW Build Systems: A new build system framework for automotive ECU framework – based on Eclipse
Eclipse is a key technology in automotive software engineering and the conference will introduce many interesting aspects.